Faith. Purpose. Relationships.
Guiding you to live a greater life with God (faith), yourself (purpose), and your most valued relationships (family) through life-shaping fly fishing retreats and outdoor adventures
After attending many fly fishing trips as well as spiritual retreats, the vision was birthed with Eric Camfield (pastor, angler and fly tyer) and Jason Randall (Author/Angler) to merge these into an experience that would mark one’s life and begin a fresh season of growth for each person who participated in an Altar Fly Fishing Retreat.
Altars, in the Bible, carried great significance in the lives of people. Altars were places:
- Where people offered a variety of sacrifices for a variety of reasons
- Represented and often created significant moments marking people’s lives (remember Abraham and Isaac, Elijah, and the Temple of God to name a few).
- Where the presence of God was palpable.
The name Altar Fly Fishing was chosen because of its uniquely designed ministry and fishing opportunities inviting people:
- To consider what they must offer to God for their own growth and purpose in life.
- To sacrifice time and resources to have devoted time (making oneself available to God, His creation, and others in a meaningful way).
- To experience moments that will shape life going forward.
- To experience God and tap into one’s life (soul) through rest, listening, reflection, conversation, and yes...FISHING.
Life is most shaped by the daily rhythms and habits in one’s life, significant life events (whether planned/welcomed of not), devoted times away (think about the camps, retreats, vacations, solitude…you have encountered), and the relationships we encounter along life’s journey. Altar’s mission is to create significant moments in your devoted time away (fishing retreat) so that your daily rhythms will find new life with God, yourself, and others. You might say Altar wants to help you become a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1-2) so that you can live a better, more meaningful life. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to sacrifice and attend an Altar fishing trip sometime soon.