Registration Now Open: Altar Fly Fishing Montana October 10-12
The purpose of Altar Fly Fishing is to merge faith and fly fishing into a common stream. Altar’s fishing trips seek to create intentional moments with God and others through teaching, reflection, prayer, creation and fly fishing that will lead to lasting change in your daily and weekly rhythms of life. Each fishing retreat provides an opportunity for you to leave with an intentional growth plan for when you return to your “home waters” of life.
- Location: Dave Blackburn’s Kootenai Angler (outside of Libby Montana). This is the leading fly fishing lodge in this region and the Kootenai River is one of Montana’s least firshed rivers through some beautiful canyon scenery. Dave Blackburn said it is not uncommon for each person to catch 30-40 trout per day! Learn more about the lodge at: http://goflyfishmontana.com/
- Travel: Plan to arrive by 3 pm (ideally) on Oct 9th (Fly into either Spokane Intl Airport or Glacier Park Intl Airport. Depart Sunday, Oct 13th. You have a choice of car rental or utilize airport transportation from the fishing lodge.
- Cost: $1650. Includes: Four nights of Lodging, all meals at the lodge, Three days of fly fishing (guide fees included), fishing equipment (if needed), and program materials.
- Who can come? Any and all are welcome (men and women) who love to fly fish and desire to grow in their faith. We will limit the trip to about 12-14 people
- Faith and Fishing Program: The trip will include morning and evening reflections through a guided spiritual program by Eric Camfield designed to (in fishing terms) read the waters of life, get beneath the surface of life, and design a personal growth plan for lasting change in the home waters of life for each participant. A prayer hike through the mountain colors of fall is not out of the question as well. National Fly Fishing speaker and author Jason Randall (http://jrflyfishing.com/) will lead several fishing sessions that are guaranteed to help you catch more fish.
- The Goals: Grow in your faith in a lasting way, rest and renewal, become a better fly fisherman, and have an amazing experience in some of the most beautiful scenery in God’s creation.
- Live Music: Dave Blackburn plays in a Bluegrass Band and will offer us some good old fashion campfire and worship music for our fishing group.
We hope you can join Altar for this trip. Feel free to share with a friend or family member and share a memory together for a lifetime of conversation.
Contact Eric Camfield to register or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-244-5525.